Sunday, November 20, 2005

What is the point, really? I mean, I try to set up this blog thing and someone's already taken Midnight Train so I have to wind up spelling my login midnite train...what the hell?
I wind up sounding like a Golden Age comic book hero because some yahoo had the foresight to blog before I did. Well for all of those who have yet to meet me...I am the original, the indefatigable, the unstoppable, Train. All others are poser freaks.
Today's topic:

Fantasy Football and the Addicts who play it.
My name is Midnight Train, and I have a problem.
You people who don't enjoy football, you hockey fans with your crappy team logos, or you "everysport" guys who don't have the cajones to get involved in one sport...I ain't talking to you.
It was bad enough when I used to only get three channels and had to run to the bathroom during commercials. Then cable came along. Football 24 hours a day. 365 days a year. I thought I had it bad then, but luckily I was so freaking poor I couldn't afford cable until later in life. That spared me the sleepless nights for a while. Then came the internet. Damn you Al Gore. Instant streaming scores and stats. I could watch my cherished Pittsburgh Steelers blow a fourth quarter lead instantaneously. Now, I have gotten out of control. This year I was introduced to Fantasy Football. Now I literally have to run between rooms of my house to watch scores update on the internet, while I have my 'previous channel' button locked in to the channels playing games today. My bladder almost burst this afternoon from lack of downtime.
Luckily my wife enjoys watching football or pretends she does so she can watch me sit, stand, sit, throw something at the tv, run into the computer room where I have 8 windows up with 8 different games going and my fantasy football ticker keeping up my current score, and sit some more.
The season is over half over (unless we go to the SuperBowl) and I'm just getting to where I can get something to drink during games.
I'm so glad my Alma Mater Arkansas Razorbacks are doing so crappy this year so I don't have to hope for a Bowl game too.
You Baseball fans and your 180 games. You dont know what real pressure is to have to win.
If only Pittsburgh could crush my dreams now and save me the hope. Kinda like Houston.
Well, my Fantasy team "The Badger Furies" is 10-1 for those who know what that means. And this is my first year. And worth every bit of stress.
My name is Train...and I'm 2 hours clean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home