Monday, February 19, 2007

The newest television series to capture room on my TiVo is also home to one of my favorite voice actors ever...Patrick Warburton. This guy never fails to deliver a laugh from me, all the while playing it deadpan. You probably know him as 'Putty' on Seinfeld, Elaine's longtime boyfriend, but I choose to think of him as Brock Sampson from Venture Brothers and more so as "The Tick".
He plays the live action version in the short lived comedy (9 episodes) but here's the original comic book character he's based after...notice the similarities?

There are many 'tickisms' I use even to this day.
How about these?
Rugged, self-assured, adult. These are the words that describe the man who wears a mustache. Yes, it says to the world I'm a man of action! But action tempered with maturity...like a fireman! or somebody's dad!
You know, Arthur, when Evil is afoot and you don't have any arms, you gotta use your head. And when Evil is ahead, and you're behind, you've gotta do the legwork! But, when you can't get a leg up, you gotta be hip! you gotta keep your chin up and kick some...

Beautiful! And when he isn't making me laugh out loud as the tick, he's proving what men should be as Brock Sampson!

I said all that to say all this...here's a non-complete list of all the shows I watch every week. TGFT!
1. Heroes
2. 24
3. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
4. Grey's Anatomy
5. House
6. Prison Break
7. Friday Night Lights
8. Scrubs
9. The Office
10. My Name is Earl
11. How I Met Your Mother
12. Rules of Engagement
13. Jericho
14. Entourage
15. The Sopranos
16. Nip Tuck
17. Rescue Me
18. The Shield
And during season 19. NFL Football
I don't think I've left any out, but for someone who 'never caught an episode of Friends' while it was on the air because he was too busy, I sure do watch a lot of the boob tube now.


Judge me not! Lest ye be Judging Amy! BTW, TGFT=Thank God for TiVo
Spooooooon!

A poem by Midnight Train:

Without TV;
there would be no inside jokes for me.
The End

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home