Monday, May 19, 2008

The Search for #869



I was perusing my list trying to find something to complete this weekend and I came across #869. 869. Get one of those guns from "Black Hole"

Now seriously, am I the only person who grew up in the late 70’s and early 80’s who thought this movie was awesome? Sure they were playing on the Star Wars hype but so what? The script was penned by the infamous Alan Dean Foster who is a better writer than George Lucas. The cast was impeccable for the time. Maximillian Schell as the evil Dr. Hans Reinhardt, Anthony Perkins of Psycho fame as the acolyte Dr. Alex Durant.

And Roddy McDowall and Ernest Borgnine for goodness sake!

Not to mention the voice of Slim Pickens!

This movie came out in 1979 when I was 8 but I remember certain parts of the movie as if it was yesterday even though I haven’t seen the movie again since.

I bought a model of V.I.N.CENT. that year and thought the guns the sentries used were revolutionary. I’ve wanted one ever since. So today I perused the usual places such as eBay and google trying to find one of these things. No dice. I can’t find it any where. So I may have to settle for making my own. I did find this web site dedicated to making your own.

http://www.restrainingbolt.com/otherprops/pics/bhsb/sentryblastertutorial.html

Well, until I make it, I’ll keep looking.

After all, Dr. Reinhardt in the movie said, “The word "impossible," Mr. Booth, is only found in the dictionary of fools.”

1 Comments:

Blogger Marcus said...

I loved the Black Hole. At one point, I picture/story book using pics from the movie; very cool.

Thanks for the reminder, I had forgotten about that movie.

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home