Wednesday, March 07, 2007



In the beginning...there was jive.

Jiveman #1: Sheeeet, man, that honkey mus' be messin' my old lady got to be runnin' col' upsihd down his head!
Jiveman #2: Hey Holm, I can dig it! You know he ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap upon you man!
Jiveman #1: I say hey sky, s'other say I won say I pray to J I get the same ol' same ol.
Jiveman #2: Knock yourself a pro slick. Gray matter back got perform' us' down I take TCBin, man'.
Jiveman #1: You know wha' they say: See a broad to get that bodiac lay'er down an' smack 'em yack 'em.
Together: Col' got to be! Yo!

Then there were Sniglets.

Some examples:

Accordionated (ah kor' de on ay tid) - adj. Being able to drive and refold a road map at the same time.

Aeroma (ayr oh' ma) - n. The odor emanating from an exercise room after an aerobics workout.

Aeropalmics (ayr o palm' iks) - n. The study of wind resistance conducted by holding a cupped hand out the car window.

Agonosis (ah uh no' sis) - n. The syndrome of tuning into "Wide World of Sports" every Saturday just to watch the skier rack himself.

Airdirt (ayr' dirt) - n. A hanging plant that's been ignored for three weeks or more.


Then there was Ebonics.











Nuff' said.

Now it's called an "Urban dictionary".


No joke. You can find it here.


http://www.urbandictionary.com

I thought only 'ethnic' people were allowed to use these words without looking stupid, but apparently, now it applies to any word not found in the dictionary and used by people. I learned a lot when I met my wife. She introduced me to words such as:


feening




To contain a strong desire for something that satisfies something deep inside, typically a bad habit. Usually tends to be either drugs, cigarettes or chinese food.

At 3:30 AM I was feening Grand Chau Chow, because "the salty crispy shrimp is real finger-lickin but they also have the best sesame chicken!"


gomming

To act wastefully or to kill time.


And now, it appears just about anything, with a big enough following, can be a word.
Fhqwghads for instance. If you haven't discovered Homestar Runner, you don't know what this is. If you don't know what this is...go no further until you go here.
http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail9.html

And it went on to become a song!
http://www.homestarrunner.com/fhqwhgads.html






Back to the subject, no more birdwalking.
I drifted around this site and learned definitively what a Greebo was, an Emo, and a Butterface.

















































They even listed The Cheat in there but I have yet to understand anything he says.
Anyways, I've determined that jive talk or 'urban' is funny if done in jest but otherwise makes me want to say:

Si obycajny mrokar !!!

A cartoon for no reason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home